There are just days when it is hard to encourage and support my husband.
The dryer isn't working properly, and the vacuum is getting old, the van needs brakes and our basement is struggling through this spring thaw. The old van needs tires, and our kids are throwing us curve balls faster than we can brace ourselves for. It can be a touch overwhelming, and the reality is I can too easily blame my husband for where we find ourselves. But I shouldn't and I try not to.
I don't think it is enough to just not blame him though, and I am challenged to figure out how to support him and encourage him through these times. Take the focus off my whiny, yes, whiny self and support the man who has pledge his life to me and our kids. That's alot of pressure; even with out the long list of bills and expenses that comes with having kids and kids with friends!
I don't think it's enough to just keep my mouth shut and eyes fixed so he can't see the eye rolls or the pointed looks of something else that needs to be taken care of.
Nope that isn't enough for this gal.
Before you send me emails listing Bible references on respect, and tending to my household and submission, let me remind you ladies that I Respect my husband deeply, I tend to the house when I am home and I even where a hat to church to show my submission to my husband. So don't go there ;)
I will not complain I will give thanks. I will not grumble I will be content. I will not go looking for the things that need fixing I will point out the things that have been accomplished. I will enjoy my handsome husband instead of giving him the cold shoulder. And, I will do this within earshot, or in his line of vision... Not only in my head!
No comments:
Post a Comment