and contentment.
Since our brief separation, Mr. Husband and I have been working hard not only on our marriage but on our own lives in Christ.
Abiding in Christ.
It is the challenge we have placed before each other.
Now I don't know exactly how Mr. Husband interprets that, but for me it is contentment.
Being content.
Not only in where we live, or the school the kids are in, or with my outdated wardrobe, or even my grey hair! But being content in the what if moments in our lives. What if God doesn't answer that prayer the way I want him to. Expect him too.
Am I content to say in faith that I still have faith. That I still believe, that I am still content with the outcome? Can I say that, not only to myself and to those friends who care enough to ask and challenge me. But to those I come in contact with on the street, my kids friends parents, the store owner who I pass every morning at 6:30 my walk. Can they see my contentment? Can I say to them when they ask how things are going, I am content.
I am content with the valleys God has allowed our family to pass through, the no's we have received. The path He has asked us to walk down. Am I really? Can I really say that I am. Nope not today.
However,
I am challenged and am trying daily to abide in Him, to be content in Him and with His ways.

No comments:
Post a Comment