I realized this week as I was looking at our calendar, that we are fast approaching the end of the month; meaning.... exams, our course will be starting soon, our mortgage is coming up, the sheets need to be washed, and valentines day is on it's way!
So I had better speed up my blogging so I can leave room for us to share in our journey over the next few months! We are expecting it to be a hard fast and wild ride, but are excited to see where God will take us as a family.
So, the next Bible study I did was having a Mary heart in a Martha world by Joanna Weaver. Finding intimacy with God in the busyness of life. Just so happens I think my name should have been Martha! This study really good, in fact I am still trying to get my current ladies study to study it! Learning how to balance getting things done and pursuing a relationship with our Savior, is the hopeful outcome of this study. It challenges us to examine why we "need" to get these things done.
this study also comes in book form. So if your more of a read it and get it done sort ;) you should just get the book!
Seeing as it is Saturday morning and I have a house full of under the weather people, I think I'll do two today!
Loving God with all your mind, by Elizabeth George. I did this one long distance with my mother-in-law. We both found it to be really good. It focuses on the passage Philippians 4:8
It explores how to take your thoughts captive, and replace them with solid thoughts.
This one comes as a book with a separate study guide to it. So enjoy the book! challenge yourself by getting the guide to go with it!
Well I guess I should go and get breakfast for those who are now up and awake! Enjoy your weekend :)
3 comments:
wow, you're on a roll!! Exciting, keep it up!
B
woo hoo, blogger girl!!! :)
Mother in law should read Martha next!!
Post a Comment