Thoughts for today
I know I am super behind on my study reviews.
But I had some random thoughts I wanted to share instead while I wait for our super slow internet to load.
Some days I find it rather funny that we do not live in some remote tribal village, and yet here we are still with the inconvenience of dial up! That was not one of my thoughts form today, but it seemed fitting to start with it!
Thought #1
It is incredible that the safety book for cribs is 11 pages long! I know this because we have to find a crib, that meets the newest safety standards, rather immediately as we are top on the list for a baby! Apparently I have passed all my interviews... I say mine, because Ron hasn’t had any..... Don’t bother making a comment!
Thought # 2
Why is it we have had one to two sick people in this house since October? I am so tired of fevers, vomit and runny noses that I am feeling a little sanatorium break coming on!
Thought # 3
I read a book this past week, A Blog-to-book sort of book this past week and it started off really good and witty. However about halfway through it seemed this lady lost here mojo and crashed and burned. Almost like she couldn’t meet her word count suddenly so she peppered it with cursing and really irrelevant ramblings... kinda like my irrelevant ramblings today!
Thought # 4
This past week in our current Bible study, we took the week off to write and share our testimonies. I want to recommend every small group study that has a relationship growing to begin with, do it! It was incredible.
Thought # 5
Hahahaha... we are going to be foster parents really soon! There are people out there who trust us with complete strangers’ kids! Some days it strikes me as hysterical, other days as a great opportunity to practically share the love and blessings that have been showered upon us by our gracious Heavenly Father and others still it is pretty scary.
Thought # 6
I am so tired of Winter J We tapped our maple tree today, filled up our bird feeders, and still our backyard has snow up over my knees! Sigh.
Thought # 7
I can’t think of a thought for our littlest lad’s birthday cake. Anyone want to make a birthday cake for me?!
Thought # 8
Our middle boy has officially read 100 books! Way to go buddy! He also read his Bible; that he got a month ago; from cover to cover already!
Thought # 9
I wish I could post pictures. I wish I could knit fair-isle patterns. I wish my closest friends lived closer! Where do these “other” people find the time to blog every day? ( I know that was 4 J )
Thought # 10
I just wanted to end like a proper list rather than some funny number like 9! So my last thought today is about my hometown hero. Our local radio station honours a hometown hero every Friday. My hometown hero is my husband Ron. He has had a really hard last two years, he has faced immeasurable obstacles. He has had to overcome a certain lack of reliable income. And he has. We have paid our bills and we have not gone hungry. He has been challenged with discouragement and unrest within the church. He has had to lean on the Lord and lead in the Lord. And he has. He has dealt with sickness and childhood ages and stages. He has had to deal with a teenage daughter who has pushed the envelope of his patience to the extreme edge. And he has done so with love and grace. Ron you are my hometown hero!
2 comments:
Good wife!!
Just checking in. :) Glad to see a new post. We will be praying about your new adventure into foster parenting. :) Keep us posted!
Post a Comment