Friday, June 08, 2007



A day in the life...


Yesterday we took our girl in for her follow up x-ray. As it so happens our babysitter had pulled her back out and couldn't take the boys. So with everyone in tow we headed up to Alliston! We got her to the hospital and x-rayed within the hour. However what was supposed to be a routine x-ray turned into a major event!


As it turns out her broken bone had slipped out of place. Which meant surgery was the next option. Now with both boys, no babysitter and no lunch or place to nap it was getting a little bit scary to say the least!


They booked us with an orthopedic surgeon in Newmarket for 7:30 this morning. By the grace of God alone there happened to be an Orthopedic surgeon doing a clinic in the hospital yesterday. He saw her as soon as he could and had her booked for surgery up in Barrie at the Royal Victoria hospital immediately!

On a personal note.... Now I have been a christian for a long time now. I rededicated my life a few years back and until yesterday I don't think I could say I have tangibly seen a miracle. I know I know my kids and my husband and a lot of life miracles.... but a full out miracle that could only been explained as the hand of God himself..... yeah no I saw one yesterday.

As stress out as I was.... keep in mind, no stroller for theboys ( we were supposed to be going shopping with a cart! So who would think of packing a stroller!) No food or drink, by the time we reach RVH it was past lunch time and into nap time. My parents car was in the shop, friends from Alliston were out. The girl was in so much pain from the dr's cutting the cast and moving the bones around. I had literally three in my lap and three crying! Ok honestly.. by that time 4 of us were crying!

Here is where the hand of God came upon us. My boys.... from 12:30pm till about 2pm when Ron finally made it to the hospital were great. The nurses were angels I'm sure. they brought the boys some juice and crackers( which in day surgery where no one is allowed food was a big bend in the rules!) The boys played with one toy the whole time and played together and laughed and sung twinkle twinkle little star! It was incredible!

Anyhow... Bronwyn had to go under anesthetic and have her arm realigned. We wouldn't know until they got her under the extent of the damage or weather she would need pins nothing. Talk about your major stress of waiting! As it turns out no cutting necessary but she will have to be x-rayed every week until the cast comes off. Her bone was pretty loose in there as the dr says! So he will keep a close eye on her and hopefully we won't have to do it again!

After a good nights sleep we are all doing ok!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay and it all works out, too bad I had the day off, if I had known I would've jumped a jet or something to come help but as it was, it all works out. Praying for you guys
B

Sabrina said...

well yes, if I had thought to bring my phone book!! I couldn't even call gramma and grammpa easton:)

Anonymous said...

gramma called here around suppertime that night so we were praying for y'all after that :) hopefully that's the end of your adventures for a good long while "B". love you Patti