Monday, June 11, 2007

RANDOMNESS
First time this year out in the paddle boat! He didn't hate it but I don't think he loved it either!

Bubbles, bubbles and MORE bubbles!


Arrghh...they're back! Thistles.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so how do you get rid of those thistles, we have them in our backyard and they are very annoying!!
B

Sabrina said...

We have had the weed man here to spray twice....so Don't ask me :)
We tried hot water and store bought weed spray last year. If I find the cure I will let you know!

Anonymous said...

2 years ago I dug them out of the back yard here with a very sharp pointed trowel(yes, i know that's not it's intended use)if you loosen them really good then pull them out roots and all they don't grow back. Unfortately later that summer the upstairs people let one grow really huge near their deck and go to seed so we still have some trouble with them. I haven't put any effort into them since because they're home now and it's harder to do their yard work when they're home than it was when they were working :)Just be really careful to pull slowly and get the whole root (they're basically straight...like a carrot but not orange) hope that helps Patti

Anonymous said...

Put a handful of salt on what is left of the root
Mom

Anonymous said...

We had thousands of them last summer, now we're down to just a few dozen or so. It was an impossible task before, now digging will be possible.
Ron

Anonymous said...

so I did it, I spent about an hour digging up and ripping out thorns in the backyard. So I've got prickly hands but hopefully I'll be able to play volleyball out there easierly. :) The smaller ones were definitely easier than the big ones!!
B

Anonymous said...

goodness, Bee, I thought the wear gardening gloves part was obvious so I left that step out ;)
Hi to all, Patti

Sabrina said...

Yes... gloves...
We had our yard sprayed one more time this week. And they told us the best way to get rid of them is to over seed. If there are no bare patches then they can't grow. We'll see I guess. We are hoping to top soil and seed this fall. Will let you know in spring if it works!

Dennis and Valerie said...

Oh, you guys had me giggling as I read this- gloves, Bee... oh my... :) hee hee

Anonymous said...

Oh, i would've worn gloves if I had some but I don't and of course I am too cheap/frugal to go and buy some. But the base of the thorn is not prickly so I really wasn't that bad, much better than all the times I have stepped on them playing volleyball

Anonymous said...

Now we could switch from gloves to shoes...

How do you like your job B?
Ron

Anonymous said...

It's summer and it's nice to play in your bare feet so of course, no shoes--that's why I bothered ripping up the thorns. I like my new job, it's going well and I learn something new everyday!!
B