I am reading a book called Holding on to Hope, Where I was challenged with the idea of Job 1:20. And Job, tore his robe, shaved his head and fell to the ground and worshiped. ( I paraphrased it here) But, the essence of the verse was three actions in a row in a timely manner, whereas I have a tendancy to blow up my kiddie pool, pour myself an umbrella drink and sit and wallow in my own pity party for a good amount of time. Sometimes my husband needs to coax me out by using chocolate or the kids. Sometimes a good friend will catch on and pop my pool and throw out my little umbrella. And away I go back to pulling up my socks and worshipping God.
Doesn't sound right does it.
Because it's not.
I should cry, I should hurt, I should fall on my face in worship and grattitude to the one who gave me the time I had with my dad. It should be immediate. It should be willingly. It should be today.
No comments:
Post a Comment