O is for Orientation
People oriented, Time oriented, Relatioship oriented, Task oriented,
The list goes one and on. I tend to be a task oriented person.
I get the kids going on their morning chores before school, I make the menu for the month, I sort the laundry, I budget, I plan and pack vacations.
I also tend to overlook the emotional needs of those around me. I often feel inadequate in my relationships.
I was recently introduced to the "flag page". It comes from the Laugh your way to a better marriage seminars by Mark G. The tag line is,
"In a world that seems to always be looking for what's wrong with you, isn't it time you find out what's right about you? "
I was sold right there :)
So I bought 3! One for me, one for my husband (surprise honey!) and one for our teenage daughter.
So now we hope to know not only what our love languages are, but what motivates us as well.
I dare to say we may be a Well oriented family before long.
The list goes one and on. I tend to be a task oriented person.
I get the kids going on their morning chores before school, I make the menu for the month, I sort the laundry, I budget, I plan and pack vacations.
I also tend to overlook the emotional needs of those around me. I often feel inadequate in my relationships.
I was recently introduced to the "flag page". It comes from the Laugh your way to a better marriage seminars by Mark G. The tag line is,
"In a world that seems to always be looking for what's wrong with you, isn't it time you find out what's right about you? "
I was sold right there :)
So I bought 3! One for me, one for my husband (surprise honey!) and one for our teenage daughter.
So now we hope to know not only what our love languages are, but what motivates us as well.
I dare to say we may be a Well oriented family before long.
TEACHER: Tommy, why do you always get so dirty?
TOMMY: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground then you are
TOMMY: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground then you are

2 comments:
I saw the tail end of one of those videos, I think. I can't remember why! Somehow I think I was out at Joy Bible Camp visiting a friend and when I got there they were finishing up their session and I slipped in. Maybe. :) Anyway, the "Flag Page" rang a bell. Where did you guys see the series?
Cari & Kevin up in Gravenhurst told us about it. I haven't actually seen the videos, i only checked out the web resources,and Cari lent me her book.
Post a Comment