Wednesday, April 04, 2012

D is for developmental delays

Our little man has developmental delays.  He isn't diagnosed with anything, He is meeting all his milestones in speech and physical abilities, but he can't quite understand concepts and social cues. He won't get fancy gadgets to help him in school. He won't get a day to celebrate his differences. 
But he has a family  who, for now loves and embraces his delays and prays for a forever family that will embrace and support his learning and growing throughout his whole life. 

Love ya little man :) 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! He just has delayed enough to have lots of time for the rest of us. I think he has it right!!
Love
Gramma

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

A great little man

Jenn said...

I remember thinking that I wished that Jack's diagnosis wasn't something people could notice right away when they first meet him. But now I understand that this will also allow for people to give him grace. A strange blessing.

Join Us For Breakfast said...

We love the little guy too! Coffee was talking about him this morning :)