R is for...
Rely.
I have realized over this last season of our lives how much we rely on things/people/comforts, rather than on God. I rely on my alarm clock in the morning. I rely on my morning cup of tea to get me going. I rely on our van to get us to and from our appts. I rely on the different people in our day to be on time. I rely on the information I am given from the Doctors. I rely on my husband to come home every night. I rely on our kids waking up every morning. I rely on my friends to be at the other end of a text message when I am stuck in a pattern! I rely on my health. I have so many things I can rely on in a day that I am sad to say I don't rely on the one I need the most. My Lord and Saviour. I need to rely on Him to fill my cup every day. To renew my strength every day. To give me the love and encouragement I need to pass on to others every day. I need to rely on my Bible to teach me. I need to rely on my prayer time to connect me. I need to rely on my God to lift me every day.
What do you rely on?
No comments:
Post a Comment