Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for...

Progeny and paterfamilias


As quoted in Oh Brother Where art Thou.

It does put me in a darn awkward position, vis-a-vis my progeny.

I'll tell you what I am -- I'm the darn paterfamilias! You can't marry him!

this movie is stuffed with great one liners! Here are a few to give you a giggle for the day :)

Delmar O'Donnell: Oh George, not the livestock!
Penny Wharvey McGill: A lot of respectable people have been hit by trains.
Penny Wharvey McGill: Vernon here's got a job. Vernon's got prospects. He's bona fide. What are you?
Ulysses Everett McGill: Well isn't this place a geographic oddity. Two weeks from everywhere.
Homer Stokes: The color guard is colored!
Washington Hogwallop: Mrs. Hogwallop done R-U-N-N-O-F-T.
Delmar O'Donnell: Gopher, Everett?
Penny Wharvey McGill: The only good thing you ever did for the gals was get hit by that train!
Pappy O'Daniel: Wouldn't we look like a bunch of Johnny-come-latelies, bragging on our own midget, doesn't matter how stumpy.

I am thinking that when we are finished watching Henry Higgins train Eliza Doolittle to be a young english lady...we will join Ulysses and Delmar and Pete as they seek the treasure!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

"I'm with you fellers"