Friday, April 15, 2011

M is for...
MOM

My role as mom has been challenged over the past 4 months. I have been asked to be a mom to someone who has a mom. A mom who may or may not love them; but a mom none the less. I have been asked to nurture and protect a child who has been taken from their mom. A child who is likely going to rather want to be with their mom than with me. And yet I will nurture them, protect them, care for them, read them stories at night. I will for all intents and purposes be their mom for the time that they are with us. And I will grieve like a mom when their time has come to go home, where ever that may be. And I will rejoice with them as they move on to a permanent situation. And our family will continue to be our family. I will still be a mom of 3, 1 daughter and 2 sons. I will still pray for and cherish each one of my own children. I will still bandage bumps and bruises, I will read stories at night, I will continue to make breakfast and dance in the kitchen. We will wait for the next child who needs a safe place to stay, and a mom who will do all those mom things for them until they can be reunited with a mom who hopefully now knows how to and can do do those things for them for the rest of their lives :)
I am a mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 + great blogs!!
Thanks
B

Join Us For Breakfast said...

:)Yay MOM :) you'll be great!
love you!!!!
Patti