New Year, New Reflections
I enjoy now being able to write blogs on my computer without being logged onto the internet! I find it frees me up to write when I want for as long as I want, however, it doesn’t help with the lack of pictures!
It is time to write up our annual reviews for the church. I am “in charge” of the Ladies Bible study and the Library.
It is remarkably hard to pick a study that everyone will enjoy! So I rely heavily on the reviews of other people who have gone before us! So as a way of saying thanks to those out there who publish their thoughts on different studies, I am endeavouring to publish a review on the studies I have done over the past few years. It is going to take me awhile to get them all done, so here is a list of the ones I have done and have a thought about, in case you are looking for a quick reference!
Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
Loving God with all your Mind by Elizabeth George
The Patriarchs by Beth Moore
Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed by Priscilla Shier, Beth Moore and Kay Arthur
Becoming more than a good Bible study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst
Becoming a woman of Influence by Carol Kent
The fragrance of Christ by Joe Philip
Ephesians, Building a community in Christ by John Stott
Conversation Peace by Mary Kassian
How to let your faith Shine through by FaithGirlz (youth)
Designed to Shine by Christina DiMari (youth)
Some of these I have done in a group, some on my own, and some with my jr. High girls. I always say the same thing; nothing beats the true Word of God. Studies are great and challenge us to dig deeper, they help us get into the word daily, and they keep us accountable to one another. Studies help build community and relationships. BUT, nothing beats getting alone and getting into the word of God.
So enjoy the reviews! And please leave a comment about any studies you have done.
1 comment:
nice to see you're blogging again
B
Post a Comment