Monday, June 21, 2010

This was by far the hardest blog ever! I watched my husbnd join in the fun of narrowing his musical favorites to 15 :)
So he challenged me to join him for this movie throwdown. Now we don't have cable at home, so we watch movies...alot of movies!
So narrowing it down to 12 was really hard, especially when you consider AFI's top 100 inspirational movies are all excellent. I chose to stick with movies that very specifically inspired me. Not necessarily the 12 movies that I would watch over and over again, or the ones that are my all time favorites...
So my top 12 inspirational movies and why they inspired me are:

12) Sabrina Audrey Hepburn, black and white, and my name sake! My first romatic movie, I remeber watching it when I was really young with my dad and
falling asleep when Sabrina was up in the tree! It made me want to be beautiful inside and out at a very young age.
11)Hotel Rwanda It inspired me to be more diligent in looking out past my own backyard. Be aware and concerned with world issues.
10) To kill a mocking bird To stand up for what is right. To have integrity.
9) It's a wonderful Life What a great story. What a great reminder that our actions speak louder than words. yep it's inspiring :)
8) My girl This made my list for one reason, that after about 20 years it still made me cry like a baby!
5) Pay it forward How can it not inspire me! Do good to others.
6) On the waterfront I coulda been a contendar.... yep but he chose the wrong path and it cost him too much. This movie inspires me to have Integrity in the tough times, honor, to be careful with the choices I am given.
5) 12 Angry Men Yep, you guessed it, integrity, honor, do not jump on any old band wagon. Do the right thing.
4) In the Heat of the Night - Mr. Tibbs. It is all about the integrity in this movie. I am inspired to stand tall, and do what is righ. to get all the facts, not to be lazy, but to be diligent and brave.
3) High Noon What a chilling inspring movie. Again about integrity and honor and those who stand for it. If you haven't seen it...you must.
2) One Fine Day It won' make any film lists but it is hands down my movie. I love it. it is sappy and cutsie and everything a single mom needs to get her through a lonely night :)
1) The story of us Is only #1 because it comes after One fine day in my life. This is the story of being married. It is the most insprational movie I have ever seen. It inspires me to be a better wife, to hold on tight to what is important, truly important in each day. If you are married it is worth every minute to watch this movie.

4 comments:

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

Great list! Some of those made my list too :) I better get mine on here fast!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lots of old movies. Thanks for participating in my Movie Dirty Dozen Blogfest! Let your followers know where to link - it'll be open through tomorrow and bloggers are still signing up.

Join Us For Breakfast said...

oops I copied your new blog layout Well, maybe we just both have great taste :)
Haven't seen many of your movies guess I'd better get at it.
Love ya,
Patti

Jessica Bell said...

Pay it forward was a remarkable film due to the concept alone. Great choices! :o)