Today was our daughters "first day" at high school. Yep that is right HIGH SCHOOL! Some of you remember it like it was yesterday, for the rest of you it WAS yesterday! Our daughter made me PROMISE that I wouldn't' embarrass her today...so I don't have a picture to go with this post!
Today was her grade 8 orientation day, a day where the grade 8's get to go into the high schools and "pretend" to be a minor 9er for a day. We have been to the three public high schools this past month, looking at course options, extra curricula's, location and everything else we can think of; trying to decide on a high school for her to attend. She decided on the high school she is at today based on the grade 10 travel language program. It's a program that spends time on several different languages ranging from Italian to Japanese.
Now some of you loved high school, some of us not so much. So this has been a really exciting time for a lot of us, as we look back on our high school years and think silently " I am so glad I don't' have to do it today!". Everyone seems to have a preference of which school is the best and why, so we politely remind them that things may have changed since they were there 20 – 40 years ago! As exciting as it has been the terror of our first born going to high school is very real and never too far away!
Sigh, yes I AM that oldJ
1 comment:
how exciting!! No matter where she ends up going, we'll pray her through it!!
Love you girly
Aunt Bee
Post a Comment