Thursday, April 09, 2009

VISITORS and Coming home!

We stopped in to visit my Grampa while down in Florida.So we are all wearing our rather large VISITORS badges! It was right here that we decided to head home right then! So we rushed back to the cottage and loaded everything up and were on the road by dinner! I don't remember what time we finally hit the Georgia border, but at the tourist centre they had this very large welcome for us! We had to stop and take advantage of this photo opportunity!

We spent the night in Georgia so we could tour Savannah the next morning before getting back on the road. One of my dream places to visit has always been Savannah...and it did not disappoint me:)

This is a picture of the river front. The stairs are leading down to the original cobblestone roads, and to the water front. The upper level is the cotton exchange and shops and hotels all restored to the original splendor.....Very romantic


This is from the waters edge looking up at the old cotton exchange.



Life to me is a river boat fantasy.....

What more can I saw I loved every bi of Savannah and can't wait to go back


City hall from two blocks away


Oh I HAD to take this picture... After adopting Oh brother where art thou as one of our family favorites..... I could not believe that the Piggly Wiggly was ACTUALLY a store!!


We stopped here the second morning, in West Virginia, after our van had it's second visit with the mechanic! We stopped here at a roadside look out and snapped this gorgeous picture, which doesn't even touch the majesty of the moment. Our God is so amazing. Not your ordinary restroom stop. I think this is in Pennsylvania, a toddler stall! Our little buddy was SO excited to have a toilet he could reach! The girls stood look out so I could take a picture without looking creepy!

FINALLY!!!Well that's our trip!

4 comments:

Join Us For Breakfast said...

Yay for a great trip :)
thanks so much for posting it all :)
Hey, Ron, guess you know where to plan your second honeymoon if you ever get to take one. There were enough hints here ;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, thanks for the recap!!
B

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

we've got it planned already... one stop for me, one for her.:)

Dennis and Valerie said...

looks so fun! I liked the pictures of Savannah- very quaint.