There are more photos from this day.. however this one event deserved it's very own post!
On family day we headed over to the park to enjoy the left over goodies from the winter carnival. While there Kiddo and her dad decided it would be fun to skate home to Grandmas house! Now this was a pretty often excersise when we were kids onour way home from school etc.
For those of you who don't know, one day when I was cutting across the lake on my way home from grade 9, I fell through the ice. I was trapped for many hours, my neighbour who had called 911 had to call twice because they didn't beleive her. I was rescued by the fire department, I had hypothermia, and subsequently have yet to venture far from shore in winter!
All that to say... this was a BIG deal!
Here are the pictures from shore! As they made their way across.
This is to give you an idea of how far it is, they are actually just right of the breakwater in this picture.

There they are! This is zoomed all the way!
This is the digital zoom
She got pretty tired, It's about a 15 minute skate across.
3 comments:
looks like fun, now she can come and do the canal sometime!!
Aunt bee
Sounds good she and the boys are buggin gus like mad to get back up there to visit Gramma and Grampa and Aunt Bee. Ron is preachign up there soon, are you going to be there?
give me dates and I'll try!!
B
Post a Comment