2 Part Blog!
part one: Pictures!
for those of you who are just browsing through!
Part two: reading!
For those of you who haven't known us very long, let me catch you up to speed!
I suffer from a very aggressive form of endometriosis. The symptoms vary and the extent of damage varies as well. Some can't have kids, we didn't have that problem, instead I suffer from alot of scar tissue, pain, and hormonal imbalances.
Over the years we have tried a lot of different treatments. From surgery to herbal remedies.
Let us fast forward to today!
TODAY
Today we are are scheduled for a grueling three hour agressive seek and destroy surgery! In May I will be having my fourth surgical attempt to remove any traces of this pesty little annoyance! With the new technology of a Laser laporoscopy we are hoping for a minimum of 5 years endo free!
In the meantime, I have been taken off all of my medications that help keep the symptoms of endo to a minimum. Which is not good. What is a girl to do?
After all I am only 30! We are not suppose to fall apart at 30, I don't care what Maxine, or the rest of the world says, falling apart at 30 is NOT normal!
So I did it. I spent a tremendous amount of our family resources and with the help of our family Dr, and my Aunt Linda, I saw a Naturopath.
We started off with the simple things, increase water intake, exercise 15 min a day. Which was pretty easy actually! Stuff I can do!
Well I went back yesterday for my follow up visit. The one where they go over your treatment plan. Well what I wasn't expecting was my poor little protective bubble wrap to be ripped so harshly away from my poor child like hands...sniff..sniff. Alright I am not a child and most of this I have brought upon myself with years of not eating right and years of ignoring medical advice! No sympothy here folks.
I was given a very crash course on the damage within my body. It was very informative, and made alot more sense than my family Dr has been able to make in the last few years. The point of Naturopathic medicine is to catch things that are not properly balanced, or systems taht are not functioning at their prime levels. Normal medicine only detects systems taht are WAY out of whack. Naturopthic medicine aims to bring systems to their optimal levels. Quite interesting. Being a Science fan myself to learn all this neat new stuff was pretty cool.
However....
Yesterday,
I found out that I have to cut out all dairy and eggs from my diet. As I am actually allergic to both.
I have to drink a protein blend to help repair the damage I have done over years of ignoring this little fact.
I have to drink Salt water in the morning to help my adreanal gland produce extra hormone to help balance out the hormones that aren't balanced!
I can't have chocolate, or caffine ( don't worry I can still have decafe tea, and dark chocolate YUMMY!)
For 30 days! Only 30 days!
So TODAY
Today I started. I was able to drink hal fof the protien mixture before gagging! I drank my salt water which surprisingly was good, AND yes to her benefit, it worked better and faster than my normal caffine boost in the morning. I tried our almond milk, pretty good actually. So far not so bad.
However, this morning we are going to tackle our kitchen, Remove all and any temptaion to cheat! Thankfully, our daughter, who is also allergic to eggs and milk, has decided to give it a try, the diet not the protein drinks. And my husband who is absolutely the best, is more than supportive!
Thanks honey for enduring my phone call this morning at work:)
After 30 days I go back. We are then hoping to be able to concentrate on bringing a balance to my hormones!
Between the surgery and the naturopath, We are praying for a pain free summer:) And of course all the other benefits of taking on healthier habits. Higher Energy, biking with the kids, No more sinus infections, no more dizzy's, no more bad homones, no more inflamation, More days to live with my family!
6 comments:
It sounds like you're saying you have surgery today... you don't though do you dear? You're not performing surgery on yourself are you?
LOL, I said I have surgery in May. No surgery today, although it wouldn't be boohooed if someone offered to do surgery today!
eeww sounds complicated. Hang in there. :) as you said you're just 30 think of all the fun life has ahead of you :) maybe you can get this under control now and it'll be worth it.
love ya,
Patti
I'm glad you have some company on your dairy-less, egg-less journey. You're going to do great! Where do you get almond milk? What are its ingredients? I haven't heard of it. Maybe I could have that too.
Yes, here's to feeling well while you are young! We're too young to be falling apart. :)
Ahh my sister-in-laws and their fun diets!! I started day one of my wii fit plan :) It's too much fun to be considered exercise!! Nice pictures too!!
B
bee, I am super jealous! The Wii fit sounds like so much MORE fun than diets!
I found the almond milk at the health food store, you can get it in three varities, vanilla, sweetened and unsweetend. The ingredients are: water, cane juice, almonds. Then the long named things!
It is lactose, dairy, Casein, gluten free.
It tastes really good. We like it better than rice, and since we don't agree with soy beverages it is a perfect alternative!
Post a Comment