Thursday, October 02, 2008

Inconceivable that I have found the time to blog!

As it turns out the boys are in quiet play time for 30min, and kiddo is up doing her reports today. So here I sit. Overwhelmed, and not feeling very well! thinking to myself, what am i thinking!

I found a blog this morning, as I was desperately trying to find a resource to help with my sad scheduling dilema's , that starts with Mathew 6: 21 Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. It was refreshing to be reminded that Math won't really be a big deal in eternity, thankfully she will actually know it all in heaven!

But in the meantime, the school board still needs to be phoned, banking still needs to be done, marking and teaching still have to happen each and every day. the boys still need quiet time, and workbook time, and one needs to learn to just sit still!

Then of course there is respect, love, gentleness, workmanship and discipline that needs to be int here as well. And I only have 12 hours a day to fit this all in!

Add a little laundry, lawn cutting, dishes, dusting and floors, it is a wonder I can find the time to get dressed in the morning.

Now that that is all cramed in, and I am dressed, my hair isn't done but that is why they invented hair elastics! I need to keep my mind in Heaven and on my treasure, which is not crying and fighting children, it is not math questions that I can't figure out, it isn't the guilt that comes with load upon load of laundry that hasn't migrated to the washing machine. My treasure is not garbage cans that don't unload themselves, or missed potty opportunities. My treasure is in Heaven, My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. It is probably the hardest task of the day. It is so easy to lose site of the rock that is holding me up and instead feel as though I am up to my ears in the quicksand of day to day life.


Well, quiet time is over, thanks for the visit:)
My hope is built on nothing lessThan Jesus’ blood and righteousness.I dare not trust the sweetest frame,But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,All other ground is sinking sand;All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness seems to hide His face,I rest on His unchanging grace.In every high and stormy gale,My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain
His oath, His covenant, His blood,Support me in the whelming flood.When all around my soul gives way,He then is all my Hope and Stay.

Refrain
When He shall come with trumpet sound,Oh may I then in Him be found.Dressed in His righteousness alone,Faultless to stand before the throne.
Refrain

4 comments:

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

I love you, this is great. I'll be home soon, sorry I forgot to take out the garbage:) .

Sabrina said...

Was it garbage day today?!
Did I miss it?

Anonymous said...

And it's not in bank investments and economy and other things that I've seen people get freaked out about this week, God's in control of all the details we just need to concentrate on him.
B

Anonymous said...

ya, you got it girl!
P