Wednesday, October 15, 2008


Ever have one of those days?


Some would call it Murphy's Law, others divine intervention, Some coincidence and others still, would call it God.


Today we had the best of intentions.

School was starting, the house work was getting done, then the bus of bad news came trundling along to our house. It unloaded all of it's passengers today and they are all now running through the whole house. Not only is school work slowing to a crawl, the housework has no place in our thoughts today.


It causes me to stop and ponder our daily to-do lists. We didn't plan on having our plans thrown out the window today. And, well they were. So where does God fit into all of this? Where does His plan fit into our day to day plans. I feel incredibly thankful that I was up early enough to get in a good Bible study this morning, before the kiddies got up. But as I prayed this morning that I would leave room for God in my day, I don't think I really understood what I was asking for!

Did I really leave enough room for God amidst the laundry, the vacuuming, and the yard work that HAS to be done before the snow comes. Did I really believe that God was listening to me, not only listening but more than willing to give me a few opportunities to take me up on my request?!


Murphy's Law clearly states be careful what you ask for. The Bible says rejoice in everything.

Coincidence leaves you wondering. Divine Intervention makes you stop and wonder; why me?!


Me, I will take comfort in knowing that God took the time out of His day to remind me that what I am asking for can only be real if I really believe that He needs to be part of the whole daily to-do list not just the time slot in the morning when I do my Bible reading. Maybe if this concept becomes real in my life, the bad news bus will actually only be a bad news bicycle! Instead of our own to-do list we should first check in and see what is on the Lord's to-do list! This way when bad news flutters through, it will cause us to stop, pray and dust off our knees and carry on.






3 comments:

Dennis and Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dennis and Valerie said...

Hmmm, those are good thoughts. I apologize for adding more bad news to your day with my phone call. :(

The deleted comment was an oops by me, just in case you are wondering. :)

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

THat was not just a great post, it was brilliantly written!
I love you.