Thursday, January 31, 2008



Ice Age the Meltdown

My latest enjoyable movie! it had been misplaced and I found it again about two weeks ago. Since then I have watched it at least a dozen times... and I am sure 10 of them have been without the kids!

This movie has me wondering as I watch it what the creators were thinking. Here is a "prehistoric" movie that includes humans and dinosaurs living together, it laughs off evolution, It involves two of each kind heading for a boat, and it has a simple lesson about how someone who seems small and insignificant in the lifes of others saves the day.

It challenges me to remeber that God can use the smallest of us in the most insignificant of ways to impact a huge amount of people. All this comes to mind in a very busy yet peaceful time in our lives. We are going to be restarting the Jr youth program next Wednessday and we are working on our house with what little time we have at the end of the day. And yet there is an incredible sense that we are right where God wants us to be and that is so comforting.