Monday, December 10, 2007

Hearing the voice of God.



My husband and I have been challenging each other on ways to get more God in our lives and in the lives of our children. One of the thoughts that came from that was hearing the voice of God. And so we have started to listen for the voice of God in our media choices.

This weekend, for those of you who haven't already read my husbands blog, we watched the Bells of St Mary's. It came out in 1945 and is a Christmas favorite in my family.
So listening for the voice of God in our media. Did I hear God in this movie? This movie, although doesn't directly refer to God or Jesus any other time than a childrens play that takes place in one of the scenes, strongly refers to the presence and ability of God.

God can do anything. I read somewhere, that if God knows your need He can place that need on the heart of anyone anywhere in the world. And that line stands out to me in this movie.

No comments: