Friday, January 12, 2007

My time as a sea captain
It all started arond 5am Thursday morning. As I tried to get out of bed, I noticed The swells of the ocean were pounding the boat I was apparently walking across. It was all I could do to stay aboard. It didn't help that every time I tried to go down below the boom would crush my aching head. The sea and I were at war. there was no doubt about it. We were fighting for the remains of last nights dinner. We fought for hours. Finally by 7am the sea had won. and my dinner was washed away.
Thankful for the moment of peace I showered and prepared for the rest of the stormy day ahead.



Sigh, I too have come down with the stomach flu.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Sabrina you are so graphic--but yet entertaining, hope you all feel better soon!
B

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

You are a great writer!! Keep it up:)

Anonymous said...

Very well written!!! :) Too bad you're sick. Happy Birthday to Bronwyn too. (i know it's a little late) sorry Patti

Dennis and Valerie said...

Ugh- sorry you're sick. The illustration is quite vivid, though! Get better SOON, that bug is the pits.