Thursday, January 18, 2007

I found it!!
One thing worse than the stomach flu, hard to beleive, yes I know. But it is true. There is one fate worse than stomach flu. I have searched, for the greater good of course, the world over and have after trial and error discovered that worse than stomach flu, worse than jury duty, and yes worse than a week of sick kids, is none other than......
Dark scary music.....

Dental surgery.

Yes this is my new year. One right after the other. My face swollen on the whole right side, no solids for a few days. This right after the stomach flu makes for a not so appealling diet program!
My dentist claims the pain err I mean mild discomfort should go away withing a week or two..... A WEEK OR TWO. Come on folks that seems a little too close to some sort of interigation. I don't know anything I tell you! This following a small procedure that involved drilling half way to my brain ( from my jaw, that's a bit of distance!).

Sigh as one of my dear friend reminds me
'My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.' James 1:2-5
This is fast becoming my "verse" for the month!

3 comments:

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

So 5 days down and a slight improvement, dear. I'm praying for you.

Dennis and Valerie said...

How's it going now? Was it wisdom teeth? Are you on a diet of slurpees and shakes?

Hang in there!

Love, Valerie

Sabrina said...

No shakes no slurpees. just a whole lot of soup and ice cream!!!
I had my wisdom teeth out when I was a teenager. This was a problem with a filling from childhood. Sigh.