Wednesday, February 03, 2021

yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...

The 23rd Psalm.
This passage that is so familiar, that more often then not, people tune it out as it is read. And more often then not you hear it at funerals. 
Truth be told it was read at my father's funeral, yet it wasn't until my mom passed away that the truth of this psalm grew roots in my soul. 
The year my mom passed away was also the year our marriage was breaking apart. News came in February, my mom passed away in June, more news came in June and by the end of July I was in such a dark spot that I began to weigh out the options of checking out early. I struggled against these thoughts for 7 months. 
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. 
My God, the God of all comfort, The Christ who knew suffering, was my rod and my staff. He never left me. He never will. If you feel alone. Even if you are alone. Let me tell you about the One who will never leave you or forsake you. Dear hurting soul. This psalm is for you. Take it wrap it around your weary soul and rest. 

No comments: