Saturday, October 17, 2020

V

 is for Victory!

Victory In Jesus. The first song that really captured my heart in the faith I had newly stepped into. I had recently become a Christian. I was still living with my fiance. We had a house together. He was not a beleiver he was Italian Catholic. So I was discovering churches on my own. 

I was visiting the missionary alliance chruch when this song played. I it was the first time I heard God speak. Truly heard God speak directly to my very soul. And so this was also the first time I had obeyed God. I had obeyed the call of Christ. but I hadn't obey His command before. I went home that day and broke up with my fiance. I walked away with my daughter and none of our belongings.  It was an icrebdibly rich time in my walk with the Lord. I followed that up with and incredible Bible study, experiencing God by Henry Blackaby. I still refer to this study in my life to this day. 

I beleived that God could and would do anything. Anything was possible. Now 17- 18 years later I am so sad by the lack of zeal I have. The little faith. And the lies that I have allowed to creep into my head. The biggest one being I am no better of or no different as a follower of Christ. 

My brother and I grew up in the same household. So we suffered alot of the same abuse. Even some the abuse that came from outside of our home we share. He had the same opportunity as I did to surender his life to Christ and he chose a different path. So today as I question am I really victorious I can compare our lives and with confidence say yes. Being a follower of Christ has made all the difference in our paths. 

The strength of Christ has given me a new family. Has taught me to be a mother. Has allowed me to face my past and take ownership of the decisions I made in response to it. I have learned to speak truth ( Nope not always). I am alive because of Christ, Literally alive. I owe my every breath to my creator. Lover of my soul. I had never known love, and still struggle to know love here on earth, but I know the love of my Saviour. I can apologize. I can forgive. What freedom. 

Yes yes yes I have victory in Jesus! 

No comments: