P is for pediatrician.
The field of pediatrics as we know it today in the United States originates from the American Pediatric Society and American Academy of Pediatrics, which began in the 1930s.
This is only 90 years ago. Less than 100 years. Our pediatrician has kept our son alive. Hands down we are so thankful for the field of pediatrics. I can't bear to think what would have happened to our son had this field not been available to us. Having once taken him to a rural hospital where they had less experience with his condition and medical equipment then we did, I can appreciate the reality that there are some children who aren't as well off as our son.
I am not talking about third world babies, I am talking about children here in Canada who have no access to a childrens hospital. Or even in some cases a family dr. Heart breaking. and gratitude inducing.
No comments:
Post a Comment