M is for mom.
I had a mom. I have a mom in law. I am mom. A foster mom , biological mom, adoptive mom. Mother of Nations, as our daughter has named me. I respond to any child who calls out mom, I am that mom who will make sure the child at the end of the row( who didnt come with us) isn't scared during the movie. I will stop and ask that teenage girl sitting on the sidewalk if she is ok. I will tell young girls that they can do better. I will sit and listen to the boys as they shoot the breeze trying to act as if they dont care if no one is watching them. I love feeding kids. Home cooked meals, but also homegrown love, and discipline and encouragement. For its is not enough to just feed their bodies if you dont feed their souls and minds as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment