C is for Cards
Christmas cards
Playing card
Cards for all occasions!
Hallmark has made a whole industry around the greeting card. The sentiments that people want to say but can't or don't know how. The cards that say the things you know you should say but don't. Why do cards touch our hearts the way they do?
My husband for the most part does the signing of cards in our family. He seems to know what to say without sounding forced or dumb. I seem to come across flat and uncaring when I sign cards. But I love cards! I love sending them I love getting them.
I am so thankful for all the people who sent cards when my father passed away, I still have the first card my husband ever gave me back when we were dating over 16 years ago. I have the first card our daughter went out and bought herself. The first card our son printed out on his own, the first handprint card of our youngest. I think I am part hopeless romantic, and part need to be reminded that people care.
No comments:
Post a Comment