Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for

Y is for Yahweh

A name of the Hebrew God, represented in Hebrew by the tetragrammaton ("four letters") יהוה (Yod Heh Vav Heh), transliterated into Roman script Y H W H. Because it was considered blasphemous to utter the name of God it was only written and never spoken. This resulted in the original pronunciation being lost. The name may have originally been derived from the old Semitic root הוה (hawah) meaning "to be" or "to become".
 "He who is", the great "I AM", one of underived existence, preceding and above all else.

Who is Yahweh to me?
He is the God of the the Old Testament.
 Full of wonder and all powerful.
He is forgiveness.
He is Grace and Mercy.
He is Love.
He is my Saviour
He is a creative Creator.
He is my guidance.
He is all knowimg.
He loves more than I can.
He weeps with me when I weep.
He is the God of David and Abraham.


If it weren't for Him I wouldn't have the family I have been blogging about for the past month.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true
Gramma

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

I think you've given us lots to think about in just a few lines...I know you won't be reading this in Guelph, but have a good time, and may Yahweh meet up with you there!