Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for

V is for Village and Vacation

 Village

It takes a village to raise kids.
It's an old saying but one I firmly beleive in.
As our kids have grown up, we have expanded our village. It includes our family, school parents and friends, teachers, church friends, far away friends, librarians, coaches, music teachers, youth leaders, the list goes on. and for each person who is part of our personal village, we are thankful.
Thankful for support when the times are hard, thankful for bbq's when times are light.

Vacation
there are two very clearly different ideas about what vacation means at our house.
The first one is what Ron and I would consider a vacation

Then there is what our kids think of when they think vacation....

Note the difference!
Either way a vacation is an important part of our family.   
What's your favorite vacation activity?


oh and one more...
 Victoria :)
Just so happens I am heading there in a week to see my brother.



Here is one for our boys who just finished reading a viking book :)
How did the Vikings send secret messages?
By norse code!


5 comments:

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

One day, dear, one day...

Anonymous said...

Good jokes!

Dennis and Valerie said...

Hey! We have some places not too far from here that look a little like the first picture of "vacation" you posted... hmmm....

Anonymous said...

As Squeaky and I sat at the beach last year, she had a book and chips and agreed with me that this was pretty much a great way to spend a day. I think you'll need to go get her to take on vacation with you!
B

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

Valerie... are you suggesting that if we come to visit... you guys would take the kids for a few days :)