Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for In-laws

I remember thinking when I was in my youth, that I couldn't wait to marry out of my wacky family. 
I thought romantically that my "new" family would be loving and kind and warm and fuzzy. 
Well I sure didn't get warm and fuzzy!  
What I did get though were two parents who live and breath the Word of God. 
Who even to me at my old age ;) inspire and guide me in my walk with our Lord. 
I got a sister and brother-in-law who are an inspiration to us as parents as they raise their 2 daughters and son with an incomprehensible amount of patience. 
I got a brother and sister-in-law who follow God in ways that seem crazy to me, yet real. very real. 
And a sister who abandons reason and jumps on a air plane fly around the world and come back two years later!

Needless to say now eight years later, I didn't get rid of a wacky family, I just expanded my wacky family :) 
Love to all my in-laws and out-laws

6 comments:

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

You're welcome!
Your loving husband.

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet, Sabrina. Welcome to the loony bin!! And we aren't too crazy... sometimes I think what you guys are doing is crazier. Anything can become normal :)

Dennis

Anonymous said...

You never asked me what it would be like or I might have told you! It is a Good thing that you can still stand us.... and...we are so glad that you joined us! It is an uphill trip!
There is a prize!
Keep on striving to the end!!
Your loving in-law!

Anonymous said...

But two years later she has to be reasonable again :( Thanks for the excuse to be wacky still,
B

Dennis and Valerie said...

We're definitely a mixed kettle of fish! :) Glad we ended up in a family together!

Join Us For Breakfast said...

ya, not warm and fuzzy but not boring either :)
still, here's a warm and fuzzy for you...
You're loved!
XO
:)
P