2009!
Here is our teenager! Beautiful as ALWAYS! She is wearing her beloved hat that her grandparents gave her. We hae had more compliments, coments, and people try to steal that hat from her than you could even think possible!
And not to be outdome... our little whirlwind!
So make sure you have a moment, a tea if you are so inclined, and settle yourself for another Wellington Tale:)
Friday January the 23rd in the year 2009,
the time was 3:15pm
School had just ended for the day
Dinner prep was about to start
Ron was just finishing class, and heading off to after school duty
And our little Wellington calls melodicaly out to me
"Mommy come see!"
Now in our house "mommy come see!" Can mean a large variety of things
ranging from Bowl habits, to snot habits, to a drawing, or a tower built from boxes.
So preparing myself, I pull away from the kitchen chaos and saunter over to where my littlest angel is playing with a craft.
"Look Mommy!"
He casually tilts his head slightly and points UP his nose. Bracing for a facefull of flying boogies, I look. And there I see the brightest largest purple bead I have ever seen in my life. Wedged securely up his nose.
Seriously!
So we tried the ol' Blow really hard honey, And the standard push from the top down to try to squish that little guy out. No sucess. Now, Friday, I have no vehicle, Ron is an hour and a half away, and we have a teenager to get to Karate, and I still haven't started dinner!
So I did what any sane woman would do... I called my husband!
"Umm honey, you need to come home now. I have to take Wellington to the hospital...he has a bead stuck up his nose."
a moment of silence as he processes this information followed by a simple yet asonished
"What?"
Now for you mom's out there you can sympathize with my patheticness...
I have a litle boy who has a bead of unknown size lodge in his nose...rapidly working itself further and further up closer to his airway. I am trying, not so calmly, to keep his fingers away from his nose, figure out how to get to the hospital, Karate and dinner into three little kids, and in the process transposrt my husband home immediately!
My husband in his infinite calmness in these situations suggests a cab, and he would come right away and bring the other two to Karate then meet us at the hospital.
So that is what we did!
I called the first cab company in the yellow pages ( Which by the way did you know that 1, cabs are exempt from seatbelt and car seat rules, and 2, that some cab companies actaully do over car seats... the one I called didn'tand I wasn't going to spend the time to call around to find the one that did!)
Thankfully Wellington wasn't in any discomfort, ok well he really wanted a kleenex, but wasn't crying at all. Incredibly we were only about an hour! Apparently a bead up the nose is considered very serious, as it could lead to obstruction in the lungs. ( so if you ever have a child who has a nasal fascination like we do, please keep that in mind!)
Wellington thought it was a great ol time until he saw the drawer of nasal instruments! Amazing how many different nose tweezers they have. the bead was removed within about 5 seconds, as any good mother would, I asked if I could take the big tweezers home! ( no you can't take those home)
Now he thinks the whole situation was fun...sigh. So we have of course put away all of the beads and pipe cleaners we could find.
But I feel it is only a matter of time before he moves on to bigger better objects to work with;)
Here is a picture of the infamous bead.... We were waiting for the cab
And no we did not get the bead back!
3 comments:
Oh what a boy!! So Blue is now Andy?? I don't know if I'll be able to remember that!! And the hat, is that one of Grampa Easton's hats, they could be twins!!
:)
Bee
no dull life for you :) oh my!! Bruce's dad tells of the time he shoved something up his nose and a visiting neighbour grabbed a hairpin out of her hair and jabbed it up his nose to spear whatever it was out again (must have been something soft) makes for a good story now... Wellington will have lots of those to store up for his grandkids :)
love to all,
Patti
wow, that is quite the tale! And pretty exciting, I might add. Kudos to the little guy for making your life so interesting for the rest of us to enjoy... ;)
Post a Comment