
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Crisp family today.
For those of you who don't know the story please take a look here.
It has forced us to pause a moment and reflect;
Give our own kids a hug and remember the frailty of life.
It is not very often that my husband and I blog about the same thing
Today is one of those rare days.
With our family being surround by death,
we have both had to come to terms with
not only our beliefs, but our raw emotions as well.
Today my husband (via his blog)brought up
Psalm 17
And it rings true in not only this senseless situation
But in any situation that renders us without explanation.
I had the privilege of discussing yesterdays discovery
with our junior girls last night.
It brought out some good in a terrible situation
We talked about salvation and what salvation means
when we don't understand.
And what it means is that we know one thing even if
we don't know anything else
and it is written in John chapter 10
28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;
no one can snatch them out of my hand.
29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[d];
no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
30I and the Father are one."
1 comment:
I think the line at the end of that article helps me to understand how I feel about the whole thing... "He became everyone's child."
Post a Comment