I don't know about where you live, but around here the leaves are starting their color changes.
Most often this is my favourite time of the year. The air is crisp (which is a great change for my allergies) the colors are stunning,
Neighbours are out gathering the last of the nice weather, the kids are back in school, Ron is back to work, the house is quiet and
I can catch up on some old friends or some old books whichever the case may beJ
This year however we have had a very large change in lifestyle as well as goals for our family.
We are putting in our "time" this year to hopefully arrive at a more family friendly "time" next year.
And it leaves me wondering.
What is God's will for our family not only in the long term but in the short term?
Are we still within God's plan for our family if we set aside what we believed to be our family outlook for a year to get to get to
where we think we should be?
Even if it is good stuff and we are adding what we think is more "God' to our lives and our kids lives, does that mean that it is ok?
Is it ok to not be home as much with the kids if it is preparing for the future?
Can we still call ourselves stay home moms if we are really only part time moms?
And where do we go to find those answers?
I mean if it is a necessary step for the future of the core family, then where do we turn for support? And how do we rid ourselves of the
overwhelming feelings of guilt and inadequacy?
This year there will be no catching up with a good book, there will be no sleeping in, or lazy fall days around here. And that, my friends, is fine with me.
But if you happen to be our neck of the woods, a good chat and a pot of tea would go a really long way to help this girl store up for the long winter aheadJ
1 comment:
:) been nice talking to you on the phone recently, but, I'd like to know when you consider it a good time to phone you. I like between 1:30 & 3:30 when the kids are in bed but that's likely a really good time for you to be doing some teaching...so, since I doubt I'll be in the area for a cup of tea very often...when should I be calling for a visit?
Patti
Post a Comment