hmm, I really don't have much to say.
Not like my husband's blog or my sister-in-laws blog. They always seem to have something wonderful and wise to say, that leaves you with a thought or an idea, or even encouragement or a challenge. I however, don't! I seem to have reached a holding pattern so to speak in my things to do, not in my day to day life, but in my "bigger picture". As I am a "do"er this strikes me as a time to make things to do!
So I am trying not to induldge in "Spiritual" make work projects. Our church is in need of volunteers, as is every church I am sure. So I teach Sunday school and we are currently working towards a new vision. We have been asked to help with the VBS and there is the ladies missionary group which I am wanting greatly to be able to help with, then there is Bible studies that could and should be held, and coffee hour and luncheons and kids programs and Jr Youth and Nursery.
Where does one start and where does one end?
And then how does your everyday fit in?
We talked tonight about what our life would look like if we lived closer to home? Would we be home more or would we be freer to travel? My thoughts are we would be so over commited we could never leave! ( So you see we could get a dog after all:) )
I read an interesting interview with Anne Rice today. I just discovered that she has become a Christian, well a few years back she did. And how in her opinion we need to sotp being scared that Satan is winning. Satan is NOT winning. Then....
I read another article about the sudden impact the muslim faith is having on our society. Shortly after this I read an article about a muslim father stabbing his 13 yr old daughter here in our own community SEVERAL times. SEVERAL...what sad imprisoned life you must have to reach that point in which that is how you think you need to discipline your child. What a sad misdirected insecure way of demanding respect.
So what do we do about it?
How does a week long VBS impact eternity? What about coffee hour or ladies luncheons? What are our standards for our daily activities? Do they impact eternity? Shouldn't they?
Are you afraid Satan is winning?
3 comments:
Hi dear. Thank you for the post. I think that whatever the answer, you are asking the right questions!
I happen to like your blog just the way it is, don't try to live up to the others, in fact as much as I like reading your husbands blog, sometimes it's just too intellectual for me (he can explain to you that I'm illiterate). My favorite is just looking at the pictures and videos!! Miss being around you all
Bee
Don't worry- I love your blog the way it is too! I think the opposite of what you said; you always seem to have something you're thinking on to write about and my life is just full of silly and mundane things! :)
Post a Comment